Friday, November 22, 2019
Thursday, November 21, 2019
WHAT: 106th ANNUAL CHICAGO CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
WHERE: MILLENNIUM PARK
Wrigley Square–Michigan Ave. and Washington St.
WHEN: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22
6 p.m. Program (lighting followed by fireworks at 6:30 p.m.)
The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will feature performances and special appearances by:
- Brittney Payton and Jarrett Payton, (Emcees)
- Cielito Lindo, a modern Latinx Mariachi made up of the 9-member Lucero family
- Eleanor’s Very Merry Christmas Wish, rag doll Eleanor and the elves will show off their wrapping and “rapping”
- Jonathan Butler, Grammy® Award-winning artist from Cape Town, South Africa, who recently released his second Christmas album, Christmas Together
- Skylar Stecker, singer and the the youngest artist to ever top the Billboard Dance Charts with three #1 singles
- The Nelson Family and their 55-foot Blues Spruce
- Santa and Mrs. Claus and many more
- The City of Chicago’s 106th Christmas Tree is a 55-foot Blue Spruce from Elgin, Illinois, donated by Gene Nelson and his family. The 54,825 lights adorning the Tree have been donated by IBEW Local 134 and Palos Electric. The decor at its base is provided by the Millennium Park Foundation.
MEDIA PARKING INSTRUCTIONS: Parking for LIVE Trucks only will be available for stations going live on the sidewalk on Randolph St. starting at the Boeing Gallery to the Chase Promenade tent and just northeast of Wrigley Square – one truck per station, no reporter vehicles. There will be security to assist and trucks can begin parking at 2 p.m. Parking for secondary LIVE Trucks not going live can park on upper Randolph St., just east of the Harris Theater.
There will be two locations to capture the Christmas Tree Lighting, program and fireworks. The first is located on the east side of the stage in Wrigley Square and the second is the balcony over looking the Christmas Tree.
For complete details on the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and all Millennium Park Campus holiday events produced by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events download the Millennium Park app, visit millenniumpark.org, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @Millennium_Park.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Monday, November 18, 2019
The Writers’ Workshop Annual Memoirs Contest
Deadline: Postmarked or emailed by December 31, 2019
1ST Place: Your choice of a 2 night stay at our Mountain Muse B&B in Asheville; or 3 free workshops (in person or online); or 50 pages line-edited and revised by our editorial staff
2nd Place: Two free workshops; or 35 pages line-edited
3rd Place: One free workshop, or 25 pages line-edited
10 Honorable Mentions
Submit a memoir of 5,000 words or less.
Pages should be paper clipped, with your name, address and email address, and title of work on the first page. Double-space, and use 12 point font.
The entry fee is $25 per memoir. Multiple entries are accepted. Enclose self-sealing SASE for critique and list of winners. Make check or money order payable to The Writers’ Workshop, and mail to: Memoirs Contest, 387 Beaucatcher Road, Asheville, NC 28805.
Emailed submissions may be sent in Word doc attachment to , with “Memoirs Contest” in the subject. The entry fee is payable online at