With Bob Hercules, David Axelrod, Jan Schakowsky; moderated by Phil Ponce
2020, HUBERT SAUPER, AUSTRIA/FRANCE. 108 MIN.
2018, ANTOINE RAIMBAULT, FRANCE/BELGIUM, 110 MIN.
WITH MARINA FOÏS, OLIVIER GOURMET
Based on the true story of a notorious French murder case, this thrilling courtroom drama draws an amateur researcher, a short-order cook by trade, and a famous defense attorney into a battle to prove the innocence of an accused wife murderer in the face of the prejudicial court of public opinion.
(LA VIRGEN DE AGOSTO)
2019, JONÁS TRUEBA, SPAIN, 129 MIN.
Up-and-coming Spanish filmmaker Jonás Trueba’s new film is a perfect summer movie, an Éric Rohmer-esque love letter to Madrid and affairs of the heart.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 7pm CDT, the Film Center will present a panel discussion for MIKVA! DEMOCRACY IS A VERB with director Bob Hercules, political consultant David Axelrod, Congresswoman (and film subject) Jan Schakowsky, and Mikva Challenge student Schyler Travis, moderated by “Chicago Tonight” host Phil Ponce (WTTW).
- All of our streaming films have open-ended end dates, unless otherwise specified.
- Films marked “cc” are available in a closed-caption format.
- “Panorama Latinx” refers to films that are part of our Panorama Latinx initiative, dedicated to year-round Latin American film programming.
- The Film Center’s “Screen to Screen” filmmaker/cast Q&As are noted beneath each associated film. These virtual discussions with directors and special guests are moderated by respected film critics, filmmakers, and lecturers.
- These are films the Film Center has screened in the past, would have been screening now, or reflect the venue’s critically acclaimed programming.
- Due to the many different sources, there is a range of prices and available dates for each film. However, none of the prices are more than what one would pay for a single, non-member movie ticket.
- Please note that viewers will be required to set up individual accounts through streaming services and distributors in order to stream Film Center From Your Sofa; having a Film Center account will not apply.
- Because the Film Center is connecting audience members to a variety of platforms, member or any other discounts for streaming cannot be offered. For memberships that were active when we closed on March 16, the Film Center will provide a three-month extension.