Pix724 is a division of Pix International,LLC(pixintl.com ) Photo Features and Linda Matlow(lindamatlow.com) contact: editorial at pixintl.com
*We may receive commission or product from items discussed or promoted on this website. * This site may contain affiliate links for products we Love!
We cover our events at our fave destinations.
Our stock photo agencies are not a source of free photos or fan photos.
Copyright DMCA policy: pixintl.com/copyright_statement.html
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Chicago Intl. Film Festival's 2017 Poster Contest Seeks Submissions
CINEMA/CHICAGO CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION FOR
53rd CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Winning Designer to Receive $2,500 USD Cash Prize and Honor of Creating the Signature Look of the Festival
Cinema/Chicago announced today it is accepting submissions for the 53rd
Chicago International Film Festival poster design competition.
Producers are seeking a unique poster to serve as the key image for this
year’s Festival taking place October 12-26, 2017. Designs will be
reviewed by a panel of Festival officials and the winning designer will
receive a $2,500 USD cash prize and the honor of having created the
Festival’s signature look. Entries must be submitted by May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
Festival Founder Michael Kutza and Managing Director Vivian Teng have
created a video providing additional details and examples of past
winners, viewable here.
Poster submissions should convey the experience of the Festival and be
designed with the tagline “Because Life Is a Movie.” Submissions require
a $25 entry fee and should conform to Cinema/Chicago’s design and
submission guidelines outlined below.
Before submitting, designers should read and consent to the Designer Agreement found here and review the complete rules and details found here.
· Design must be 27” x 40’ or scale to 27” x 40”.
· Design must be vertically oriented.
· Design must be easily translated into a variety of media (online banners, book covers, etc.)
· Design must incorporate the Festival’s official “eyes” logo (available here).
· Design must reflect the theme “Because Life Is a Movie” and include that text in the design.
· Design must clearly state: 53rd Chicago International Film Festival.
· Design must include the festival dates: October 12-26, 2017.
· Design must include website: ChicagoFilmFestival.com.
· Artists must use their own original artwork. Copyrighted
characters, images or clip art will not be accepted (with the exception
of the Chicago International Film Festival logo).
· All file submissions must be in pdf, jpeg or png format.
· Entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK).
· File must be no larger than 12 MB.
· Entries must include a completed Submission Form available here.
· A separate submission form and entry fee must be submitted for each design.
The Chicago International Film Festival is North America’s oldest
competitive film festival. Seeking out the best in international cinema,
the Festival has discovered new talents and opened windows to a world
of film previously or otherwise unavailable in Chicago. This year the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival will take place October 21-26, 2017.
Cinema/Chicago, the presenting organization of the Chicago
International Film Festival, is a year-round non-profit arts and
education organization dedicated to fostering better communication
between people of diverse cultures through the art of film and the
moving image. We aim to enrich Chicago’s cultural environment by
presenting film in contexts that encourage discussion and
debate. Cinema/Chicago’s year-round programs include the International
Screenings Program, Chicago International Television Festival, CineYouth
Festival, Education Program and Membership Program. For more
information visit http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/ .