Thursday, October 22, 2015
CHICAGO-October 22,2015: Gigi Pritzker at the 51st Chicago International Film Festival TONIGHT for a tribute in her honor and to open the Festival's Industry Days section. Festival founder Michael Kutza presented her with the Industry Achievement Award at the AMC River East Theatre. (Photo © Linda Matlow/PIXINTL) Gigi Pritzker is an accomplished film and stage producer, businesswoman, and an active philanthropist, who serves as co-founder and CEO of film production and financing company OddLot Entertainment. Prizker is best known for producing Drive (2011), Ender's Game (2013) and The Way Way Back (2013). Photo copyright © Linda Matlow/PIXINTL. All rights reserved
Opening Day will feature skating performance by non-profit organization Ice Reach
For more than a decade, the ice rink has become a Chicago winter tradition drawing over 100,000 skaters annually. Once again this year, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events will present Winter Workouts with free skating lessons on Fridays–Sundays, one hour before the rink opens. Additionally, lessons and special programming (including speed skating demos, Noodle Hockey and ice dance demos) will be offered during Chicago Public School’s Winter Break, December 21 – December 31, one hour before the rink opens, except December 25.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink is located in Millennium Park on Michigan Avenue between Washington and Madison Streets. Skating is FREE and open to the public, with skate rentals available for $12. Grant support for Winter Workouts was provided by McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment, managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink will operate under the following hours:
- Mondays–Thursdays, noon–8 p.m.
- Fridays, noon–10 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 11 a.m.)
- Saturdays (Nov. 14–Jan. 2), 10 a.m.–10 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- Saturdays (Jan. 9–March. 5), 10 a.m.–9 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- Sundays, 10 a.m.–9 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 27, 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (no ice skating lesson)
- Saturday, Dec. 26, through Wednesday, Dec. 30, 10 a.m.–10 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- New Year’s Eve, Thursday, Dec. 31, 10 a.m.–8 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- New Year’s Day, Friday, Jan. 1, 10 a.m.–10 p.m. (no ice skating lesson)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, Jan. 18, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Chicago Public Schools Closed (School Improvement Day), Friday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. (ice skating lesson at 9 a.m.)
- President’s Day, Monday, Feb. 15, 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
For more information about events in Millennium Park, visit millenniumpark.org
or call 312.742.1168, like Millennium Park on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram, @Millennium_Park.