Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ernie Banks,"Mr.Cub' has died




Back in the 1980s I was in the checkout line at Walgreen's on Michigan Avenue and had my copy of the newspaper "The Reader" on the counter as the clerk rung up my items.Ernie Banks was suddenly surrounded by fans and signing autographs;he thought my paper was there to be signed. So...I guess I'll treasure "Mr.Cubs" autograph. I never ask for autographs when I am doing photo shoots.He was always very nice at the events I did photograph him at.
A few decades later at Walgreen's on the same street I was walking home from another photo shoot and noticed the sign that Ernie Banks was there signing copies of his book,'Hoodoo: Unraveling the 100-Year Mystery of the Chicago Cubs. He's pictured here with the co-authors Mark Vancil , Elliott Harris and  Grant DePorter. Ernie posed for photos for me to license to publications.
If you are an accredited publication doing a feature on 'Mr.Cub', contact us from your publication email account and we will provide the viewing password.


News story on his passing:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/…/breaking-ernie-banks-mr-cub-…/

 My photo above is from: October 18, 2008 at Walgreen's on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Linda Matlow/PIXINTL)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that include hidden links or URLs to other sites will not be posted and reported as spam.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.