Lord & Taylor at Oakbrook Center is teaming up with local, not-for-profit organizations to raise money in style. On Tuesday, November 4, from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., guests will have the opportunity to attend FUNdraising Day at Lord & Taylor to shop for the latest trends, support their favorite not-for-profit organization and enjoy food and entertainment. By purchasing a coupon book – for only $5 – from one of the participating not-for-profit partners or on site, shoppers will be entitled to exclusive deals throughout the store.
- Black Diamond Charities, located in Lake Zurich, equips underserved children with school supplies, and helps veterans transition back to civilian life.
- Community Nurse Health Center is located in La Grange and serves residents of the western suburbs of Chicago. The organization helps those who have limited access to care, providing them with integrated health care services and education.
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity is the locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. The organization works in partnership with the community to build affordable housing for limited-income families.
- DuPage Homeownership Center provides a full range of services to promote responsible, sustainable homeownership, with an emphasis on serving first-time homebuyers, low- and moderate-income households and homeowners in crisis.
- Giving DuPage is an organization that connects donors and volunteers with local opportunities to give back and get involved. Giving DuPage also offers training opportunities and provides a board recruitment and placement program for local not-for-profit organizations.
- Greyhounds Only, located in Carol Stream, strives to place retired racing and at-risk greyhounds into responsible, loving homes, educate the public about the breed and provide greyhounds access to high-quality medical care.
- Hanover Park Community Resource Coalition offers a safe and supportive environment at several locations that provide multiple educational resources to both children and adults through tutoring, mentoring and advocacy by trained and dedicated volunteers.
- Helping Hand Center, located in Countryside, serves children and adults with developmental disabilities. The organization offers a range of programs and services, including outpatient therapies, high school transition, residential homes, employment services, adult developmental training and special recreation programs.
- Oak Park and River Forest Food Pantry provides hunger relief to families in Oak Park and surrounding communities, including portions of the city of Chicago. In 2013, the organization fed 43,937 individuals.