A Mere $121,314 to Say “I Do” at Wedding of the Century
Couples Can Reserve Entire Eagle Ridge Resort on Rare Date of 12/13/14Future brides and grooms are clamoring to claim wedding locations for a rare date – 12/13/14, or Dec. 13, 2014 –the last sequential calendar date in the 2000s. For those willing to pull out all the stops, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa (www.eagleridge.com) in Galena, Illinois is offering a “Wedding of the Century” package. For $121,314, couples can reserve the entire 80-room Inn and Courtyard for their event and guests from Friday, Dec. 12 through Sun., Dec. 14. The package will not only include accommodations for the wedding couple and all their guests, but every detail of the wedding will be attended to with the utmost detail by the experienced Eagle Ridge staff, from sending out the invitations to sending guests home with personal keepsakes and memories they will never forget.
“The next sequential date won’t happen for 89 years, so couples are looking for a spectacular way to say ‘I do,’ on 12/13/14, which just happens to fall on a Saturday,” said Thomas Ruhs, general manager, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa. “The staff is already thrilled at the possibility of planning an unforgettable event like this.”
The deadline to book the date of Dec. 13, 2014 is August 31, 2014. The Wedding of the Century package includes too many amenities to list, but a small sampling includes:
- The entire Eagle Ridge Inn and Courtyard devoted to the wedding.
- Guest accommodations for two nights (Dec. 12 and 13).
- Personal wedding consultant to customize the wedding to the couple’s specifications.
- Friday evening rehearsal dinner.
- Complimentary food and beverage from Eagle Ridge’s award winning restaurants, from cocktail hours to regular meals to late night snacks.
- Saturday evening wedding including ceremony, band, flowers, cake, photographer and favors for all guests.
- Full access to the Nordic Center, Eagle Ridge’s winter headquarters, which includes cross country ski equipment for traversing the miles of trails on the Eagle Ridge property, ice skates for the lake, and sleds for the young-at-heart.
- All other Inn amenities, including the heated indoor pool, where guests and families enjoy games and activities like movie nights and make-your-own snack.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Ill. The resort grounds include 63 holes on four award-winning golf courses, and accommodations that range from quaint Inn rooms to more than 250 villas and distinctive homes. Eagle Ridge has 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space and beautiful conference homes which regularly accommodate corporate groups, banquets and weddings. Other features include award-winning restaurants, the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, and an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. For reservations or additional information, call (800) 892-2269 or visit www.eagleridge.com.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
444 Eagle Ridge Drive
Galena, IL 61036
Toll Free: 800.892.2269 Local: 815.777.5000 Fax: 815.777.4502