Breezy white skirts, nautical stripes, crisp dresses and strappy sandals: For Ann Taylor’s Summer 2014 collection, Creative Director Lisa Axelson was inspired by the idea of the all-American girl summering in Positano, Italy.
Continuing from spring, the new summer collection is grounded in neutral tones with touches of pale menswear colors. Think American classics modernized with a European touch. White on white takes a new spin by layering texture on texture, full skirts are given a fresh take when styled with a strappy sandal and linen shorts are elevated with a high heel.
Below are some of Ann Taylor’s A-List Pieces, which will be in-stores this May.
Inspired by the idea of all-American girl summering in Italy, some key works in in Ann Taylor’s summer collection include:
· The Beach Pant – white on white
· The Strappy Sandal – comfort and style
· The Perfect Shirt – influenced by menswear
· The Summer Dress –crisp pale blue
· The Relaxed Pant – stylish and sweet
· The Flirty Skirt – texture on texture
· The Striped Tee – nautical inspired
· The Fashion Short – summer essential